Another week gone. All in all it has been a good week and I have done what I planned for. Today I started with the necks and fretboard for the mandolin and the guitars. again regarding the mandolin I was missing some jigs for cutting the fretboard. So I expanded my fretboard jig for guitars. This jig cuts four fretboard at a time, and the mandolin fretboard are so short I will get two fretboards from one piece! That is the beauty of building mandolins.I am still missing some nuts and bolts for the jig so I could not cut the fretboards today. It have to wait until Monday.
The neck material was sent thru the planer so it would perfectly strait and parallel. I then cut of what will be the heal and on the other end a did a cut of 17° for the head. Then I glued the headpiece and neck together again.
The guitar bodies were also finished today and they are also waiting for the necks, but that will all happens next week.
I hope you will have a nice weekend and I hope you will continue to follow my work in the workshop.